@ClintonGreaves

Thursday, May 29, 2014


How well do you know your crime fiction? Guess the author and title of the following excerpt and one lucky reader will win a $25 Amazon.com gift card. The names of all correct responders will be entered into a drawing on June 5, 2014, and the prize will be sent out within two business days. Simply email your response to clintongreaves@gmail.com no later than 11:59 PM on June 4th. Good luck and enjoy the excerpt from this fabulous novel.


I stretched out on the sofa, but sleep was an impossible dream. I sat up when Robin opened the door. Strain showed on her face. Fatigue and what looked like anger.
“What time is it?” I asked.
“After midnight.”
I noticed all of the things that were not right: red mud on her shoes, a leaf tangled in her hair. Her face was flushed, with spots of brighter color in the hollow places. The kitchen lamp put pinpricks in her eyes.
Something was very wrong.
“I have to ask you a question,” she said.
I leaned forward. “Ask,” I said.
She perched on the edge of the coffee table. Our knees were close, but we did not touch. “Did you see Grace today?”
“Did something happen to her?” Adrenaline jolted through me.
“Just answer me, Adam.”
My voice was too loud. “Did something happen to her?”


No comments:

Post a Comment